Resources for Parents
Gifted at a Glance
Is My Child Gifted?
- Common Characteristics of Gifted Individuals
- Traits of Giftedness
- Tests and Assessments
- Domains of Giftedness
- “Helping Your Gifted Child to Succeed” (Spanish language brochure for parents; Click here to order copies)
- “Helping Your Gifted Child Succeed” (Downloadable brochure for parents in English)
- Motivation and Learning
- Very Young Gifted Children
- Social and Emotional Considerations
- Gifted Education Practices
- Starting a Parent Group
Working with Your Child’s School
There is a skill to advocating for your child in school.
- Find tips on how to work with your child’s teacher and school to provide a challenging curriculum
Resources for Your Child
There are hundreds of camps, enrichment curriculum, games, and weekend programs for your child to enjoy.
- Discover questions to ask to select the right summer or enrichment program for your child
- Read (and share) the Gifted Children’s Bill of Rights.
- Find curriculum, summer and weekend programs, and more on the NAGC Gifted and Talented Resources Directory.
- Read the 2015, 2014 and 2013 Toy Lists for fun games and toys selected by our student testers.
Is your child gifted? The State of Georgia Gifted Eligibility application within the Statewide Longitudinal Data System (SLDS) provides an online method for submission and validation of student(s) into the Gifted Eligibility program. There are two user roles within the Gifted Eligibility application: (click here)